Hi! I'm Danielle (Danielle Linegar, if we're doing formal introductions!). Thanks so much for joining me here!
I love movement. I love teaching. I love guiding people to discover their own movement ability and creativity, and what amazing changes it can make in their lives. I love helping people to move safely, in ways that are good for their bodies, minds and souls. I truly hope that you become one of those people!
My goal with Magic Moves? To provide a range of classes so that people (like you!) can discover the magic of movement... all from your own home (or wherever you set up your screen!).
If you're interested in the "official bio" background info, please read below. I've thrown in some fun facts as well.....for, you know, fun. :)
The "bio" part (a.k.a. how you can know that I know what I'm talking about)
- I've choreographed and taught dance for twenty years in studios and theatres in Wollongong, Sydney and the NSW Mid-North Coast. (To see where, pop on over to the "Where Else To Find Me" page)
- I've taught 2 years olds though to 80+
- I know that people learn differently, and give lots of options during my classes so that everyone can learn in their own way.
- I've completed a Diploma of Dance Teaching and Management, a Diploma of Musical Theatre and a Certificate IV in Performing Arts. - I love taking class as a student, whether in Australia or overseas (including at Sydney Dance Company and Broadway Dance Centre)
- My full-time performing arts course was through Urban Dance Centre in Ultimo, Sydney.
- I'm also a Pilates and Xtend Barre teacher
- For Pilates, I've learnt directly through the lineage of both Eve Gentry and Romana Kryzanowska (two original students of Joseph Pilates!).
- My training (that I am currently near completing) in pilates is a Diploma of Pilates Movement Therapy, which basically means Clinical Pilates - using solid training in anatomy and physiology AND Pilates to help people find their optimal movement patterns. It involves hundreds of hours of study, practical placement, and testing, so I know what's good for your particular body and what should be avoided/approached cautiously.
- When I was young, I went to several Regional Dance Camps in NSW and a State Dance Camp and loved being immersed in different styles of dance day after day! I also went to Music Camp, but that's another story... :)
- I LOVE to dance and often find myself tap dancing around the house rather than walking
- I get a buzz from seeing how happy people are after class...smiles galore!
Some "fun facts" (a.k.a. random stuff about me)
- I LOVE rainy days
- I'm a performer - dance and musical theatre mainly
- I'm the eldest child
- Star Wars has been my favourite film series since I was little
- I have several Uni degrees, including a Masters degree in Law.
- I was an in-house corporate lawyer for about 8 years, and said farewell to that a few years ago. I used to leave the office and head almost straight to the dance studio or theatre to teach after work!
- I spent part of my uni time overseas in Sweden and in the USA as an Exchange Student
- I've literally had Breakfast at Tiffany's (well, brunch...!)
- I love lists :)
Photo by Blueprint Studios
© Danielle Linegar 2019 - 2021